I'm Van Malone,
D Coordinator for the Mustangs. This is My Story.
- Native of Houston and played defensive back at the University of Texas.
- Played 5 seasons in the NFL after being drafted in the second round by the Detroit Lions in 1994.
- Served as a marketing intern with Reebok International and also provided post-game analysis and commentary for Fox Television Sports.
- Was a True Value NFL Man of the Year semifinalist and was called on by the club to speak to many organizations.
- Honored by the Houston Police Department with the "Lifesaver of the Year" Award in 2000.
- Co-founded and headed up the "New Beginnings", a non-profit charity organization in Houston.
- Wife, Nedra, and three sons, Van, Vaughn, and Vincent.
Minority Coaching Fellowship
North Dakota State
Defensive Backs/Special Teams